Yoghurt is a healthy substitute for heavy sour cream and fatty store-bought mayo sauces or cheese creams, especially during these scorching summer months. Try this healthy herbed yoghurt salad sandwich, which can be served as a healthy mid-morning or mid-evening snack.
• Low-fat yoghurt 1 cup
• Parsley, minced 1 tbsp
• Garlic, minced 1 tbsp
• Chive, minced 1 tbsp
• Dried oregano 2 pinches
• White pepper powder 1/8 tsp
• Salt to taste
• Mixed salad green (lettuce, cucumber etc.) 2 ½ cup
• Whole wheat bread
• Carrot, cut into microcubes 1 cup
• Small red onion, sliced and separated into rings ½
• Cherry tomatoes halved 5
• Cooking oil (Sunflower, Olive) ½ tbsp
• Spoon yoghurt into a medium bowl and stir in garlic, parsley, chive, oregano, white pepper and salt. Mix until well blended.
• After that, mix the salads, carrot and onion.
• Take a slice of bread and spread the yoghurt mixture on it. Add some halved cherry tomatoes, and cover with another slice of bread on top.
• Heat oil in a nonstick pan and toast the sandwich. (Cook it on both sides on a medium flame for 2 – 3 minutes.)
• A healthy nutritious sandwich is ready to be served with tomato ketchup or mustard kasundi.